As the 2021 Spring playing season approaches, MNLL is working hard to determine the best and safest way to return to play after having to cancel the 2020 season. We are asking families to provide their players with their own bat, glove and helmet for safety and sanitation. It is understood that not all families can afford this expense. MNLL is working toward an equipment exchange and has also applied for grants through Dick's Sporting Goods for equipment. Please email with any questions regarding this requirement.
We will be looking for advice from Little League International and CDC to come up with plans and safety measures to keep players, spectators, and volunteers safe.
Measures that will be reviewed and discussed, then possibly implemented for the 2021 playing season include:
- Following ALL mandates set forth my the State of Oregon regarding group size limitation and mask requirements.
- Limiting spectator attendance to games.
- Limiting team sizes
- Limiting practice times for teams.
- Installation of hand washing stations and hand sanitizer stations throughout the fields.
- Having a "One-In and One-Out" rule for restroom facilities.
- Limiting volunteers in the concession stand.
- Modifying concession food to include ONLY prepackaged food.
- Registration to take place ONLINE ONLY to prevent gathering.
- Board meetings to be conducted via Zoom.
- Other safety measures yet to be evaluate
Information about COVID-19 is regularly evolving as are rules and guidelines set forth by the State of Oregon and the CDC. We hope to continue to be able to update our members on the best way to allow our children to play for the 2021 Spring Season.